- NuGenesis 9
- NuGenesis 8
- Fiddler Web Debugger (www.fiddler2.com). Great tool for debugging web applications. It monitors web traffic and captures full HTTP headers and content for both HTTP requests and responses. More capable than the built-in F12 tools, but needs to be installed on a system in order to work.
- Process Monitor (www.sysinternals.com - redirects to MS Technet). Captures all file, registry, and network activity in a Windows system. Good all-around tool. "When in doubt, use Process Monitor."
- O&K PrintViewer (http://www.prnwatch.com/ok-printer-viewer/): Displays spool files (*.spl). Very useful when troubleshooting UNIFY print jobs.
- Dependency Walker (www.dependencywalker.com). Displays the tree of dependent files for any given DLL. Almost all DLLs depend on some other libraries. In some cases, if a dependent file is not present, an application's DLL may fail to register or work properly.
- Process Explorer (www.sysinternals.com). Replacement for Task Manager. Shows much more information than the built-in tool. Useful for getting detailed information about running processes, such as the parent process, environment variables, any open ports, associated services, and more. Very useful for identifying processes that hold a file open. For instance, if a file cannot be deleted, you could search for that file through Process Explorer and it will identify the process or processes that use that file.
- Wireshark (www.wireshark.org). Captures raw TCP/IP network traffic. Good for troubleshooting connection issues.
- Microsoft Network Monitor (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4865). Microsoft's packet capture tool. It seems to be easier to use than Wireshark. It also organizes network traffic by process, which allows you to quickly filter the packets by a target process. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/148942 for more information about using Network Monitor.
- LDAP Browser (www.softerra.com). Full LDAP client. Useful when troubleshooting LDAP connections in SDMS, VP/ELN, or Empower. Also supports SSL connections.
- SSLTap (documentation: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/secu...ls/ssltap.html). Part of the NSS toolkit from Mozilla. Dumps SSL packets to the command line. Useful for troubleshooting SSL-LDAP connection issues.
- Structured Storage Viewer (www.mitec.cz). Opens OLE compound binary files and can save individual streams in the file to separate files on disk. Very useful for troubleshooting NuGenesis LMS documents.
- Spy++, included with Microsoft Visual Studio. Captures the messages sent to and from program windows.
- Oracle SQL Developer (www.oracle.com). Full-featured SQL development environment for Oracle databases. Includes a schema browser tool, allows browsing of table indexes, and export of LOB data.
- How to enable debug logging in NuGenesis 8 SDMS
- How to enable debug logging in NuGenesis 8 LMS
- How to configure debug logging for Waters Storage Gateway and a Centera storage device
- How to enable debug logging for the Empower data adapter in NuGenesis 8 SDMS
- How to enable debug logging for the Empower data adapter in NuGenesis 7.1 SDMS
- How to enable debug logging for NuGenesis 8 SDMS SDK applications