OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Activate debug logging for the "Remote" half of the NuGenesis 8 SDMS data adapter for Empower.
- NuGenesis 8 SDMS
- Data Adapters Release 1 or later
- The "Empower-3 (remote)" data adapter is installed on an Empower client
- Edit the following file on the Empower client:
- Drive:\Program Files (x86)\NuGenesis 8.0\EVS\Log4Net.config
- Set the values for levelMin and levelMax as follows:
- <levelMin value="DEBUG" />
- <levelMax value="FATAL" />
- Set the value for "level" to DEBUG, as in the following example:
- <level value="DEBUG" />
- Save and close Log4Net.config.
- Restart the following services for the changes to go into effect:
- Waters SDMS EmpowerDA DataExchangeService
- Waters SDMS EmpowerDA DataExchangeService DM
The log file will be written to Drive:\Program Files (x86)\NuGenesis 8.0\EVS\TroubleshootLoggingEmpowerDA.log.
This log file also applies to the Empower-3 System Audit Trail data adapter.