This article is part of a troubleshooting path. If the symptoms below do not precisely match your issue, or if the solution has not fixed the issue, consider starting at the beginning of the path using this link
- MassLynx sample list acquisition pauses during overnight run
- Operating system Server Busy error shows on pop-up window
- No other MassLynx error messages
- Third-party software
- Antivirus software (Sophos, Eset Node32, McAfee, Symantec, Kaspersky )
Server Busy messages are caused by resource conflicts. Usually third-party programs using resources that MassLynx is trying to use.
This can be antivirus software (Sophos, Eset Node32, McAfee, Symantec), file transfer programs/backup software (Avamar), or applications performing automatic updates (Google Toolbar).
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Remove the resource conflict by doing the following:
a) Set the antivirus software to exclude all MassLynx related processes.
b) Only allow full antivirus scans when MassLynx is not acquiring data.
c) Only allow backup software to run when MassLynx is not acquiring data.
d) Disable programs' automatic updates during MassLynx acquisition.