This article is part of a troubleshooting path. If the symptoms below do not precisely match your issue, or if the solution does not fix the issue, consider starting at the beginning of the path using this link.
- MassLynx communication problem
- "Server Busy" error in pop-up window
- Windows 7
- MassLynx 4.1, SCN 932
- SYNAPT G2-Si
- Sophos Security software (antivirus) installed on host PC
- Same error seen on a Xevo G2-Tof system with Sentinel-One antivirus software
Unsupported antivirus software is configured without the correct exceptions.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- If possible, remove the unsupported security software and replace it with Symantec.
- If the switch is not allowed by the customer's IT policies, ask the customer's IT department to configure the following exceptions in Sophos:
- C:/Program Files (x86)/Waters Instruments/
- Any folders to which data is written during acquisitions
- .raw file type
Similar problems may arise with other unsupported antivirus software. The same solutions may be applicable.