OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Address Empower communication failures
- Instruments connected via LAN
- Log on to Empower in professional mode.
- Access "Configure the System".
- Select a node from the tree on the left-hand side; from the table on the right, select the row of the node (Acquisition Server) to which the instrument is connected; right-click; and choose Properties.
- Instruments that appear as “OK? Yes” in the Instrument tab can communicate successfully.
- For an instrument displayed as "No", perform scanning with the Scan for Instruments button.
- On the DHCP Server tab, click the Configure DHCP button.
- Delete any errors in the server menu.
- Delete all instruments listed in Configure DHCP, and reboot the instruments.
- After reboots, the instruments appear again in Configure DHCP.
- Access the Run Samples window and confirm that the instrument can be set up properly.