OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Confirm the communication status between instrument and PC by ping.
- Log on to Empower with professional mode and access to Configure the System.
- From Node Properties, verify the IP address of the instrument in the DHCP setting.
- Open the Windows Start menu, enter cmd in the search bar, and select cmd.exe from the menu.
- Enter ping + IP address (the IP address confirmed in step 2).
- Communication is good if “reply” is displayed. If “Time Out” is displayed, determine if there is a problem with the physical connection, such as the LAN cable or the hub.