- No instrument control
- Run was stopped mid sample set due to error or customer interference
- Sample set stuck and was cleared using System Monitor. For example, now it says 0 of 0 instead of 6 or 8 injections running
- Electronic reboot has been performed of the workstation or server, LND and client
- Electronic reboot has been performed on the instrument
- LC is stuck in a busy state
- The instrument and the LND or workstation cannot be taken off line
- VION 2.0 driver
- Xevo G2-XS
Sample set is stuck in a run mode when the user has tried to stop it
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Exit all UNIFI protals on the Clients or Workstation.
- On the workstation or the server:
- Stop the watservicehost.
- Right-click the task bar at the bottom of the window and open task manager.
- Go to the services tab.
- Browse for WatServicehost.
- Right-click on it and select stop.
- Wait for all eight watservicehost processes to disappear under processes on a Workstation or wait for all seven watservicehost processes to stop and disappear under the processes tab on the Server.
- Browse to Install Drive:\Program Files\Waters\UNIFI\Server\Bin\Waters.Diagnostictool.exe.
- Double-click to run the Waters.Diagnostictool.exe.
- It should show an orange progress bar at the bottom left. When complete, there is a button at the bottom right to clear the sample queue. Select this. It asks you to save the file. Give it a name and location. Close this tool.
- Start the watservicehost service under the task manager - services (right-click watservicehost and select start).
- Wait for all eight (workstation) or all seven (server) watservice hosts to start up.
- Log into UNIFI.