- Data archived by NuGenesis 8 fails Data Management
- The following error message appears in the NuGenesis DM log file:
- "Error 40243 - Function call failed while calculating Source File CRC"
- NuGenesis 8 SDMS
Either the data file was changed after it was archived into SDMS and before it became a candidate for deletion or the NuGenesis RPC Service account does not have rights to the data file location.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Confirm whether the file was modified after capture:
- Open the file properties for the file in NuGenesis WebVision.
- Make note of the file's original location, file size, and modification date.
- Browse to the file's original location.
- Compare the file's size, location, and modification date with the information from NuGenesis. If they differ, the file was changed after it was archived, and the new file should become a candidate for capture. The updated file will not be deleted by Data Management.
- Set the minimum required permissions on the SDMS File Capture server and on the data's original location for the NuGenesis RPC service account.
- Restart the Data Management module within the NuGenesis SCC Manager.
NOTE: Restarting the NuGenesis RPC Service on the file capture server can sometimes resolve this issue.