OBJECTIVE or GOAL
List the required file system and registry permissions for the NuGenesis RPC service account.
- NuGenesis 8 LMS
The NuGenesis RPC service account must have the following permissions:
- File system:
- Read, Write, and Delete permissions to the TE_TEMP folder
- Read, Read & Execute, and Write permissions to <NuGenesis Installation folder>\RPC and subfolders
- Read, Write, and Delete permissions to the system Temp folder
- Read and Read & Execute permissions to C:\Windows\system32 or C:\Windows\syswow64
- Read, Write, and Delete permissions to the RPC plug-in config files path (typically C:\Windows\NG80*)
- Read, Write, and Delete permissions to all of the network paths listed in the SDMS Archive Templates
- Full Control permission to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NuGenesis RPC 8.0 and subkeys
- Full Control permission to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NuGenesis Technologies Corp.\NuGenesis\8.0 and subkeys
For advice on choosing the user account for the NuGenesis RPC service, see the article "Which account should I use for the NuGenesis RPC service?".
The RPC service needs Write permissions on the network paths so that it can lower the Archive flag on the files in those paths. This action is a normal part of the SDMS File Capture process. The exception would be Archive Template lines that use the Ignore Archive Bit option; in those lines, the Archive Agent does not lower the Archive flag.
The RPC service needs Delete permissions on the network files so that the service's data management module (DMM) can delete the archived files per the archive template's deletion protocols.
Each module of the NuGenesis RPC service writes a status file and a configuration file as part of its normal operations. These files must be writable in order for the modules to operate normally.