- When logging in to the SDMS audit trail viewer, the following error message appears: "Could not locate database connection driver".
- Clicking OK clears the error message, but on the next page of the audit trail viewer, the list of available Data Views is blank, and the user cannot query the audit trail.
- The following message appears in the Apache Tomcat localhost log file:
- org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
- INFO: NG80Audit: 0: Could not locate database connection driver: sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver, Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
- NuGenesis 8 SDMS.
This error message is due to an unsupported version of Java on the web server. Java 1.7 Update 2 x86 is the only validated and supported version of Java for use with NuGenesis 8.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Uninstall all versions of Java from the NuGenesis web server or servers, except for Java 1.7 Update 2 x86.
- Disable Java automatic updates on all NuGenesis web servers. For help, see the article How do I disable Java automatic updates on my NuGenesis web server?