- Both 7890GC and 7696 Headspace are listed as "OK? No" in the Instruments tab of the node properties
- Both IP addresses for the GC and headspace ping
- NIC card is set up correctly
- DHCP window is blank
- Empower 3
IP addresses not configured in DHCP.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Set a static IP address for the 7697 Headspace. DHCP is not supported (KCS article 1934).
- Enable DHCP with the 7890 GC.
- To set a DHCP or static IP address when using an Agilent headspace, see KCS article 1840.
- After restarting both instruments, the 7890GC should appear in DHCP in the node properties.
- Add the 7697 headspace to DHCP, including the IP address, MAC address, Type, and Name.
- Instruments appear "OK? Yes" in Empower.
- Run as usual.