- Ethernet connections
NetEvaluator is a useful utility that can be used to troubleshoot individual IP communication issues.
- On an Empower system: Click C: Drive > Empower > Instruments > Utilities > NetEvaluator.
- On a MassLynx system: Click C: Drive > Program Files (x86) > Waters Instruments > Utilities > NetEvaluator.
How it works:
- Click Start to begin a continuous ping test.
- Modules that show up indicate they are recognized on the Instrument LAN.
- Modules that do not show automatically, or other non-instrument IP addresses, can be monitored by adding them manually.
- Click Add Instrument to manually enter the IP address of a device.
- Click Add. The IP address appears in the monitoring list.
- The test shows Status, number of Pings, Losses, and Consecutive Losses.
- Status for each IP lists as either pass, fail, or marginal.
- A failure of one module could indicate a bad Ethernet cable, switch port, or CPU2000 PCB.
- A failure of all modules could indicate a bad Ethernet cable from the PC, a bad switch port (for the PC connection), a bad LAN card, or a defective switch.