- Error message in the console simply says "MS error"
- Starting MassLynx gives this error window:
The instrument may require rebooting.
Select Cancel to exit MassLynx. Reboot the embedded PC and restart MassLynx.
Select OK to start MassLynx anyway.
- MassLynx 4.1
- Xevo TQ MS
- Xevo TQ-S
- Xevo TQD
- ACQUITY TQD
- SQ Detector
- Xevo TQ-S micro
- MassLynx Desktop
- 3100 Mass Detector
- TQ Detector
The PC was powered-off without MassLynx shutting down properly.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Exit MassLynx.
- Reboot the PC, or run the StopACQUITYProcesses.cmd or the StopProcesses.cmd.
- Log back in to the PC.
- Select the Windows start button.
- Type Run in the search box at the bottom of the menu.
- Select the flying window with "Run" next to it.
- Type "telnet epc".
- Hit Enter.
- In the black window, type "reboot".
- Wait five minutes.
- Open MassLynx.
- Verify that everything is communicating properly
If the steps above do not work to restore communication, and you have a Xevo TQ MS or Xevo TQ S, an electronic reboot may be needed. See the article How to reboot the electronics of a Xevo TQ MS or Xevo TQ S.
It is also possible to reboot the EPC on a TQ Detector, SQ Detector or 3100 Mass Detector by pressing the red reset button inside the instrument front panel rather than using the Telnet reboot command.