- No communication with the mass spectrometer
- "Instrument not present" error message at the bottom of MassLynx window
- Tune page is not responding
- MassLynx 4.1
- LCMS system
- Mass spectrometer
Lost communication with the mass spectrometer
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Close or exit any open MassLynx or console windows. (If windows are taking a long time to close, skip to step 2.)
- For Windows 7 PCs: Browse to C:\Program Files (X86)\Waters Instruments\Bin and double-click on StopACQUITYProcesses.exe (or StopProcesses.exe). For XP PCs: Browse to C:\Program Files\Waters Instruments\Bin and double-click on StopACQUITYProcesses.exe (or StopProcesses.exe).
- Browse back to the Waters Instruments folder and double-click on Waters DHCP Server Configuration.exe (orange, blue, and green block icon).
- Select each IP address and click Remove. Repeat until all addresses are gone.
- Power-off the ACQUITY components, but not the MS.
- Restart the MassLynx computer.
- Log in to Windows but do not open MassLynx.
- Open the Waters DHCP Server Configuration.exe to watch the instruments populate with IP addresses.
- Power-on the ACQUITY component that has the Ethernet hub (the Sample Manager or the Column Manager).
- Power-on the remaining ACQUITY components.
- Insert a piece of PEEK tubing into the reset hole of the quads instruments and press the reset switch, or do an electronic reboot of the QTofs.
- Wait until the status lights on all components are green or unlit. All instruments should appear in the Waters DHCP Server Configuration.exe program. QTofs may not have their serial numbers, but they should have their instrument types. This step may take a few minutes, but not more than five minutes.
- Open MassLynx.
- Open the Tune page and confirm control.
- Close the Waters DHCP Server Configuration.exe program.
- For the QTofs, switch the pump override switch to the Auto position.
- If these steps do not help, suspect the EPC or the Flashrom on the EPC.
If communication with the mass spectrometer is still not restored, verify that the host file address is correct. Click here for information on confirming the EPC address in the host file.