- "Desolvation temperature failed to settle" error message
- When the run stops, desolvation temperature returns to correct readback
- Found: MS method is set up for polarity switching
- Found: Desolvation temperatures for ES+ and ES- modes in the Tune page are different
- All Waters quadrupole and triple quadrupole instruments
- Xevo TQD
- Xevo TQ-S
- Xevo TQ-S micro
- Xevo TQ-XS
- ACQUITY QDa Detector
In the Tune page, the setting for desolvation temperature is different in positive and negative modes, causing problems when using positive/negative switching in the acquisition method.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Open the Tune page and ensure that the desolvation temperature setting is the same for positive and negative modes. (Also verify that the source temperature and gas flow settings are the same in both modes.)
- Save the Tune page.