- Sensitivity is too low to quantitate on a sample being set up for the first time
- Low sensitivity after a PM
- Xevo TQD
- Xevo TQ-MS
- Xevo TQ-S
- Xevo TQ-S micro
- Xevo TQ-XS
The wrong resolution mode is being used.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Open the console and go to Xevo TQD > IntelliStart.
- Select either Quantitative or Low Resolution for the resolution mode.
- Ensure that the resolution mode is calibrated and the tune page has the correct LM/HM resolution and ion energy for that mode.
- Link the calibration to the tune page being used, or better yet, run a sample tune and development to get a tune page with the correct resolution settings and calibration linked.
- Quantitative resolution has MS1 with 0.75 Da wide peaks and MS 2 with 1 Da wide peaks.
- Low Resolution has MS1 with 1 Da wide peaks and MS 2 with 1 Da wide peaks.
- The wider the peaks (lower resolution), the greater the sensitivity.