- Noisy baseline
- Peaks very low (compared to earlier chromatograms on the same system)
- Lamp <2000 hours
- Read Energy at 230 nm (water running through flow cell) <5000
- ACQUITY UPLC PDA Detector
- 2487 Dual-Wavelength Absorbance Detector
- 2489 UV/Vis Detector
- 2996 PDA Detector
- 2998 Photodiode Array Detector
Dirty flow cell.
FIX or WORKAROUND
Flush the system with Magic Mix (25/25/25/25 methanol/acetonitrile/water/isopropanol + 10% phosphoric acid calculated for total volume) in all channels. When you flush a system with Magic Mix, the Magic Mix must not go through an analytical column or the Mass Spectrometry (MS) equipment. Remove the MS and analytical column from the flow path before flushing with Magic Mix.
Prime the system with standard solvents to waste.
Run the system overnight with a low-flow method to flush the Magic Mix out of all channels.
Can adjust concentration, such as 10% formic acid.