- After changing the loop from 5 µL to 10 µL and changing the needle, "Loop calibration out of range" and "Needle calibration out of range" error messages appear when trying to characterize the needle and loop volume
- Priming the system does not resolve the issue
- Power-cycling the sample manager does not resolve the issue
- The sample loop, syringe, and needle are configured correctly in the console
- No leaks are present in the system after changing the needle and sample loop
- ACQUITY UPLC Sample Manager
The volume detection device is not calibrated.
FIX or WORKAROUND
Recalibrate the volume detection device.
Note: Recalibration is a diagnostic procedure that requires proper training. Contact your local Waters support for help with this.
- Perform wash cycles.
- Characterize the needle and loop volume.