- Seal wash pump is clicking continuously.
- Seal wash fluid is exhausted quickly when pump is in use only and not while idle, indicating that the solenoid is not stuck open.
- ACQUITY UPLC BSM (Binary Solvent Manager)
- ACQUITY UPLC QSM (Quaternary Solvent Manager)
- Classic ACQUITY
Seal wash period set to 0.02 min, meaning that seal wash pump is triggered every 1.2 seconds.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Change seal wash period to 5.00 minutes, which is the default setting under the Instrument Method.
- Save Method.
Note: For QSM, Instrument Method says Seal Wash Period. For BSM, Instrument Method says Seal Wash. (see screen shots)