- No communication between MassLynx and Xevo TQ XS
- Put system into vacuum override and cycled power
- Fans on the back of the Xevo TQ XS do not slow down to normal speed
- Communication is not re-established between PC and the instrument
- Xevo TQ XS
- MassLynx 4.1
Corruption in the assignment of IP addresses to instrument components
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Close MassLynx and the ACQUITY Console.
- Shut down the PC.
- Power-off UPLC components. Power-off Xevo TQ XS electronics (while the system is in vacuum override).
- Power-on the PC. Log in to Windows, but do not start MassLynx.
- Browse to C:\Program Files (x86) \ Waters Instruments. Locate and launch Waters DHCP Server Configuration.exe.
- Remove all addresses shown in the Waters DHCP Server Configuration.
- Power-on the ACQUITY Sample Manager. Wait for the IP address, serial number, and instrument type to appear in the Waters DHCP Server Configuration.
- Power-on each ACQUITY UPLC component, waiting for the IP address, serial number, and instrument type to appear before continuing to the next.
- Power-on the electronics for the Xevo TQ XS. Wait until the fans slow to normal speed before proceeding.
- Open MassLynx. Verify communication with the Xevo TQ XS.
- Open the Tune page; view the vacuum readbacks.
- If readbacks are OK, put the Xevo TQ XS vacuum system back into Auto control. If the readbacks are not OK, repeat steps 1 through 11.