- MS does not receive communications after a restart
- Cannot ping EPC
- Nothing showing in WDHCPserver wizard - including ACQUITY modules
- Hyperterminal Boot Sequence hanging at "Waiting for DHCP" line:
boot device: gei
unit number: 0
processor number: 0
host name: bootHost
file name: vxWorks
flags (f): 0x40
target name (tn): vxtarget
startup script (s): script.txt
other (o): fei
Waiting for DHCP, CTRL-X to abort.
- Xevo TQ-S (but any MS with Dynamic Boot sequence DHCP comms)
- Antivirus software
Antivirus software is blocking communication with the instrument.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Remove antivirus software to confirm that the antivirus software is causing the issue
- Configure the antivirus software to not inferfere with MassLynx operation (responsibility of customer, not Waters).
See the Antivirus software section of note #985: What do I need to do to put my MassLynx PC on a network?