OBJECTIVE or GOAL
When troubleshooting communications problems, it is useful to know if Microsoft antimalware is running as this can interfere with MassLynx data collection and cause comms issues.
- Windows 7
- Unzip the Service Profile.
- Open the msinfo.txt file.
- Click either Edit > Find or Ctrl+F.
- Type malw to find antimalware settings.
- Inspect the highlighted entry to determine if the feature is running.
For example, results in [Services]
Display Name Name State Start Mode Service Type Path Error Control ....
Microsoft Antimalware Service MsMpSvc Running Auto Own Process "c:\program files\microsoft security client\msmpeng.exe" Normal ...
There is a lot of information available in the Service Profile for use with troubleshooting.
See also article #5053 How to create a Waters Service Profile
See also article #2667 How to tell if a PC has the Windows Firewall activated using Service Profile