This article is part of a troubleshooting path. If the symptoms below do not precisely match your issue, or if the solution has not fixed the issue, consider starting at the beginning of the path using this link.
- Error on opening the MS console
- Missing the MS or an ACQUITY component from the console
- .Net Framework error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
NOTE - .NetFramework errors are almost never caused by .NetFramework itself. Usually they are caused by a proces that makes use of .NetFramework. In this case the Acquity console is making use of .NetFramework.
- ACQUITY console
- MS console
- ACQUITY SQD
- ACQUITY TQD
- ACQUITY UPLC
- MassLynx 4.1
- MassLynx 4.2
- SYNAPT G2
- SYNAPT G2-S
- SYNAPT G2-Si
- Xevo QTof MS
- Xevo G2 QTof
- Xevo G2-S QTof
- Xevo G2-XS
- Xevo TQ-S
- Xevo TQ MS
- Xevo TQD
A component of the ACQUITY Console is not correctly registered in the Windows registry
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Exit MassLynx and run stopAcquityProcesses or StopProcesses.
- Browse to the deployment manager used to install the ACQUITY ICS.
- If the drivers within MassLynx were used, browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Micromass Utilities\ICOP\Sources\Support Files
- It is better to use the disk that the ICS was loaded from, Disk drive:\Sources\Support Files, and copy the ICSCompanionSetup.exe file locally (to the C drive)
- Run ICSCompanionSetup.exe.
- Open a command prompt (Windows Start > cmd, right click on CMD and select Run as Administrator)
- Type cd followed by the address of the folder where the ICSCompanionSetup.exe resides, for example cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Micromass Utilities\ICOP\Sources\Support Files
- Type ICSCompanionSetup.exe /v"SKIP=TRUE"
- Press Return
- Open MassLynx and the MS console.
If this does not resolve the issue, try ACQUITY or MS missing from the console in MassLynx.