This article is part of a troubleshooting path. If the symptoms below do not precisely match your issue, or if the solution has not fixed the issue, consider starting at the beginning of the path using this link.
- Error on opening the MS console
- Missing the MS or an ACQUITY component from the console
- .Net Framework error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
- ACQUITY console
- MS console
- ACQUITY SQD
- ACQUITY TQD
- ACQUITY UPLC
- MassLynx 4.1
- MassLynx 4.2
- SYNAPT G2
- SYNAPT G2-S
- SYNAPT G2-Si
- Xevo QTof MS
- Xevo G2 QTof
- Xevo G2-S QTof
- Xevo G2-XS
- Xevo TQ-S
- Xevo TQ MS
- Xevo TQD
Incompatibility between the LC and MS .Net framework
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Exit MassLynx and run stopAcquityProcesses or StopProcesses.
- Browse to the deployment manager used to install the ACQUITY ICS.
- If the drivers within MassLynx were used, browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Micromass Utilities\ICOP\Sources\Support Files
- It is better to use the disk that the ICS was loaded from, Disk drive:\Sources\Support Files, and copy the ICSCompanionSetup.exe file locally (to the C drive)
- Run ICSCompanionSetup.exe.
- If the following error message appears . . .
- . . . open a command prompt (Windows Start > cmd) start and change the directory (cd. or cd) to the folder where ICSCompanionSetup.exe resides.
- Type ICSCompanionSetup.exe /v"SKIP=TRUE"
- Open MassLynx and the MS console.
If this does not resolve the issue, try ACQUITY or MS missing from the console in MassLynx.