- MassLynx cannot communicate with newly installed PDA
- IEEE address is correct
- 2996 PDA (Photodiode array detector)
- 996 PDA
- National Instruments software NI-488.2 2.8.1
- IEEE/GPIB card
The device is not recognized by the National Instruments software.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Ensure that the PDA is switched on and physically connected to the PC.
- Determine which IEEE address is set on the back of the instrument.
- Open National Instruments' Measurement and Automation software.
- Under Devices and Interfaces, select the GPIB card.
- Click Scan for Instruments.
- Confirm that an instrument appears in the Connected Instruments pane and that its IEEE address is listed under the PAD (Primary Address) column.
(Note: this instrument is not identified other than by an Instrument number (e.g., Instrument 0) and an IEEE address.)
See also article #748, PDA Communication Error.