- Cannot uninstall the QDa driver using Waters Deployment Manager—an error appears saying "Empower or Millennium software or any related process is running" ( see screen shot)
- WatersemailService and all other Empower-related processes (such as ICScompanion, msgcenter, procmon, procsvr, and ACQUITYLCC) are closed
- Reboot did not work
- QDa detector
- Empower 2
- Empower 3
- Driver/ICS /ICOPs
One of the processes tied specifically to QDa is running.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Launch the task manager in Windows.
- Click on the Processes tab.
- Highlight the process named KestrelUI and click on End Process.
Also, check KB article 1295 Error : Empower or Millennium software or any related processes is running, please exit all applications
The error popup shown here may be seen when attempting to upgrade from Empower 3 FR to FR4, even after a reboot.
"The Empower 3 Deployment Manager has detected that Empower 3 software or any related process is running on this system."
Ensure that the WDHCPserversvc.exe and the Waters email server services have ended before installing with the Deployment Manager.