- The following error message appears when attempting to launch the Waters ACQUITY console:
- "Application Error: Application KestrelUI has encountered an unrecoverable problem and has had to exit."
- 'MS Detector' is displayed instead of 'QDa Detector' in the Run Samples window in Empower.
- The QDa Detector is absent in the Waters ACQUITY Console.
- ACQUITY QDa Detector
- Empower 3
- Waters ACQUITY Console
The Windows user account does not have administrator permissions and cannot launch the KestrelUI.exe program that controls the ACQUITY QDa detector; or, the Windows user account does have administrator status but has become corrupted.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Temporary workaround. Navigate to: C:\Empower\Instruments\Mass Spec\MassLynx\Kestrel.
- Highlight KestrelUI.exe > right-click > Run as administrator. This needs to be done every time the PC is re-started.
- Ensure that the Windows user account has administrator status.