OBJECTIVE or GOAL
To create an Export Method for Raw Data that does not specify a Report Method.
- Empower 2
- Empower 3
Creating an Export Method for Raw Data that Does Not Specify a Report Method
- Access the Project window.
- Select File > New Method > Export Method. The Export Method Editor appears.
- Click the Raw Data tab.
- Type up to 32 characters for the filename. Empower software adds four additional characters (the ID from the database) to the end of the filename at the time of export.
- Select file formats (ASCII, AIA, or OpenLynx) and methods of export (E-Mail or File). You can choose multiple file formats and methods of export.
- To export ASCII data, select or specify optional column and row delimiters, and then select optional single or double quotes in the Text field. These quotes enclose exported text fields.
- You can customize the format of information in the export file as follows:
- Export Time Column – Exports the retention time (x axis) column. When this check box is not selected, only response values are exported.
- Export Fields – Exports sample identifier labels (Sample Name, for example). This check box must be selected before you can set the Label Orientation parameter or add sample identifier labels into the table.
- Label Orientation – Sets the orientation (Row or Column) of sample identifiers and sample identifier data.
- Sample Identifier List /Sample Identifier Table – Specifies sample identifiers to include in the export file. Select a sample identifier from the list, and then double-click the identifier (or drag it) to the table on the right. Sample identifiers in the table are included in the export file.
- Save the method.
See additional articles on creating Export Methods.