- After scanning for instruments in Node Properties, the ACQUITY UPLC PDA Detector is listed as OK? - NO
- On the Instruments tab where the serial number should be listed is the phrase "Serial Number Uninitialized"
- A battery was recently replaced on the ACQUITY UPLC PDA Detector
- Empower 3
Dead battery on the detector
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Replace the battery on the detector, and then log on to the LAC/E32.
- Go to the directory Local Disk (C:) > Empower > Instrument > Firmware.
- Open the Loader executable.
- Select "Scan for Instruments" and click Next.
- Select the detector, right-click it, and choose Set Serial number.
- Type in the detector's serial number and click OK.
- In the Waters Instruments window that lists all of the instruments, be sure to click Cancel. (Clicking OK rewrites the firmware on the detector.)
- Close all windows and connect to the system.