- Fluidics setup warning in instrument pane and UNIFI logs
- Acquisition stopped
- Vion IMS QTof
- Lockspray beam instability
- Lockspray beam too intense or not intense enough
- Poor mass accuracy
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Ensure that the lockspray beam is stable:
- Purge sample fluidics to remove trapped bubbles.
- Rebuild lockspray reference probe.
- Optimize reference probe capillary voltage.
- Ensure that the lockspray beam is within acceptable limits:
- Make up fresh Leucine Enkephalin lockspray solution at 50 pg/ul.
- Ensure that the lockspray beam is at an acceptable mass window before acquisition:
- Check the mass position of Leucine Enkephalin, and adjust if necessary.
Fluidics set up checks that:
- Beam is stable
- Beam can be attenuated to 0.5 IPP and is stable
- Mass accuracy of Leu Enk is within a certain window