OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Install corona pin for ESCi mode, APCI mode, and dual mode APCI/APPI measurement
- Xevo TQ-S
- Xevo TQ-S cronos
- Xevo TQ-S micro
- Xevo TQ-XS
- Stop the LC flow.
- Turn off the Operate button in the bottom right of the Tune page. Wait about 3 minutes to allow the desolvation gas flow to cool the probe and source.
- Turn off N2 gas (and argon gas for tandem quads).
- The source can be hot. To avoid burn injuries, take great care while working with the source enclosure open.
- The ESI probe tip is sharp.To avoid puncture wounds, take great care while working with the source enclosure open if an ESI probe is fitted.
- Open the source enclosure door.
- Remove the stop cock at the corona pin mounting contact (store the stop cock in a safe place).
- Fit the corona pin to the mounting contact, ensuring that the corona pin is securely mounted and that its tip aligns with the sample cone aperture.
- Close the source enclosure door.
- Look through the source window and use the probe adjuster to position the probe tip so that it is pointing approximately midway between the tips of the sample cone and the corona pin.
Electrospray, XEVOG2XSQT, XEVOTQS, XEVOTQSCRO, XEVOTQSIVD, XEVOTQSMIC, XEVOTQXS, XEVTQSMIVD, XEVTQXSIVD