- The parent ion is visible on the Tune page
- IntelliStart fails to complete the sample tune and development
- weak or no signal
- Xevo TQD
- Xevo TQ-S
- Xevo TQ-S micro
- Xevo TQ-XS
The sensitivity of the parent ion is not strong enough.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Ensure that the sample is in 50/50 water/organic and 0.1% formic acid (or a more favorable acid for positive ion species or a base-like ammonia for negative ion species).
- If it is already in the correct mix of solvents, increase the concentration or flow rate (max: 20 uL/min) to get mid e6 counts on the parent ion.
- If using straight infusion, set the desolvation temperature to 200 °C and the desolvation gas to 600 L/hr. If using combined flow, set the desolvation temperature to 500 °C and the desolvation gas to 1000 L/hr.
- If using a multiply charged ion, select the multiply charged ion check box in the IntelliStart sample tune and development window and type the observed mass on the Tune page. For non-multiply charged ions, the mass of the neutral, the non protonated first isotope, needs to be used. The software adds the correct additive depending on the selections on the right side of the table.