- Argon tank runs out far sooner than expected
- Lasted less than two months; expected to last at least six months
- Pressure in the collision cell appears normal
- MS/MS data appears normal
- No leak at the bulkhead fitting on the back of the mass spectrometer
- Found: leak in fitting where regulator attaches to tank
- Xevo TQD
Leak at fitting between regulator and tank
FIX or WORKAROUND
Use pipe tape to seal the fitting between the regulator and the tank.
This issue may be seen on any system that uses tanks for gas supply (nitrogen or argon) to the mass spectrometers.