- When trying to enter the collision cell Rf settings in MS mode, you get the error message "please enter a value between 10 and 150"
- MassLynx 4.1 SCN 937
- MassLynx 4.1 SCN 939
- MassLynx 4.1 SCN 958
- MassLynx 4.1 SCN 958 patched with SCN 967
- Xevo G2 XS QTof
- Known issue in software.
FIX or WORKAROUND
Switch to MSMS mode in the tune page.
Open the RF settings window.
Select Manual Collision Cell RF settings check box.
Type 50 (RF1) and 150 (RF2), and then click Update.
Clear the Manual Collision Cell RF settings check box, and then click Update and Close.
Switch back to MS mode in the tune page.
Open the RF settings window and specify desired collision cell RF settings.
Click Update and Close.
This solution is not possible on a G2-XS TOF instrument, as there is no MSMS mode available. Yet the problem still occurs. To resolve the issue on a TOF-ONLY instrument:
1. Close the tune page or load a different one.
2. Open the tune page file (.ipr) using Notepad.
3. Search for “CollisionRFInitial,200.0000” and change the value to 50.00000 in each mode.
4. Search for “CollisionRFFinal,600.0000” and change the value to 150.00000 in each mode.
5. Save and close the file.
6. Reopen the tune page in Masslynx.
This May need to be repeated for all tune pages in use.