OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Split LC flow using MS fluidics.
- SYNAPT G2-S
- SYNAPT G2-Si
- Xevo G2-S
- Xevo G2-XS
- Vion IMS QTof
- Xevo TQ MS
- Xevo TQD
- Xevo TQ-GC
- Xevo TQ-S
- Xevo TQ-S cronos
- Xevo TQ-S micro
- Xevo TQ-XS
- SQ Detector
- ACQUITY SQD
- ACQUITY RDa Detector
- Cut a PEEK tubing to the desired split ratio. For example, to achieve a 1-to-3 split using 60 cm of PEEK tubing, cut the tubing to 20 cm (1/3) and 40 cm (2/3) lengths.
- Disconnect the tubing on port 3 of the fluidics diverter valve.
- Connect the shorter length of tubing to port 3, and place the outlet in a waste bottle.
- Connect the longer length of tubing from port 2 to the ESI probe.
- Configure the events in the acquisition software to combine flow.
Flow to waste and flow to LC still work with the modified configuration.
Can alo be used to avoid UV/PDA/FLR flow cell overpressure when the optical detector is connected directly to MS. Naturally, the disconnected channel cannot be used for tuning/calibration/post-column addition.