OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Split LC flow using MS fluidics
- SYNAPT G2-S
- SYNAPT G2-Si
- Xevo G2-S
- Xevo G2-XS
- Vion IMS QTof
- Cut a peek tubing to the wished split ratio. For example to achieve a 1 to 3 split using a 60 cm peek tubing, cut the peek tubing to 20 cm (1/3) and 40 cm (2/3) length.
- Disconnect tubing on port 3 of fluidics divert valve.
- Connect the shorter length tubing to port 3 and place the outlet to a waste bottle.
- Connect the longer length tubing from port 2 to the ESI probe.
- Configure the events of the acquisition software to combine flow.
The flow to waste and flow to LC still works with the modified configuration.