- MassLynx cannot communicate with the TQD
- The EPC can be pinged using the IP address given in the Waters DHCP server configuration tool
- The EPC cannot be pinged using the "ping EPC -t" command
The Hosts file on the host PC has the incorrect IP address for the EPC.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Open the Hosts file using Notepad (the Hosts file can be found at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.).
- Edit the IP address on the EPC line to match that shown in the Waters DHCP server configuration tool (found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Waters Instruments).
- Save the Hosts file.