OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Reboot the EPC on a Xevo G2-XS.
- Xevo G2-XS
- Xevo G2-XS QTof
- Xevo G2-XS Tof
- MassLynx 4.1
This procedure refers to MassLynx 4.1, don't use it if your instrument is controlled by UNIFI
1. Close MassLynx if it is running. On the MS, flip the pump override switch to the right, to protect the vacuum (assuming the unit is still pumped down).
2. Flip down the electronics and EPC breaker switch to turn off the MS.
3. Open a File Explorer window and navigate to C:\Program Files[x86]\Waters Instruments.
4. Scroll down to below the directories and locate Waters DHCP Configuration.exe; double-click it.
5. When the DHCP window opens, select each line one at a time and click Remove. Clear all lines.
6. Navigate back to the Waters Instruments directory and locate the Settings directory.
7. In the Settings directory, find all files ending in XML extensions. Delete all files ending in XML extensions.
8. Power-off the PC using a shutdown option, NOT a restart. Power-off all ACQUITY modules and the external Ethernet box (if you have one).
9. Wait 30 seconds and then restart the PC. Log in to your user account.
10. When your desktop screen appears, navigate to the Waters Instruments directory and open the Waters DHCP server window. It will be all white (no entries).
11. Power-on the Ethernet box and/or the ACQUITY module that has the Ethernet cables attached. This is normally a Sample Manager or Column Manager, depending on system configuration.
12. The Sample Manager (or Column Manager) should populate the DHCP with the address 192.168.0.2, if standard Waters settings are used.
13. Power-on the remaining ACQUITY modules in any order. Each one should populate the DHCP with its MAC Address, IP Address, Type, and Serial Number.
14. Lastly, flip up the Electronics and EPC breaker on the MS to reboot the EPC. WAIT 5-10 MINUTES. The MS should populate the DHCP window and report the correct serial number.
15. If you have reached this far, all should be well. Open MassLynx and conform that the vacuum gauge readbacks are active, and then flip the Pump Override toggle to the left on the MS.
Do not delete XML files or DHCP server configuration in UNIFI