- Large artifact Peak at 286 Da in Negative Resolution mode
- Peak is visible in Operate and Source Standby
- All other modes have normal signal
- Low-mass peaks are still visible when zoomed in and have the proper resolution and isotopic pattern
- SYNAPT G2-Si
- Xevo G2-XS QTof
Veff value in Acquisition Settings was reset to 1000.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Copy the Veff value from Negative Sensitivity mode.
- Fine-tune the Veff value to give the correct mass for leucine enkephalin.
The m/z of the artifact peak is dependent on the Veff value setting. On the Xevo G2-XS, Veff was set to 1700 and the artifact was 374.5. Set the Veff to whatever settings work in the working mode for the same polarity.