- There is poor separation between the main peak and the secondary or tertiary peaks.
- The secondary and tertiary peaks are barely visible.
- The valley between groups of peaks may not reach the baseline.
- ACQUITY QTof LC/MS systems
- Xevo QTof
- Xevo G2 QTof
- Xevo G2-S
- Xevo G2XS
- Synapt G1
- Synapt G2
- Synapt G2-S
- Synapt G2-Si
- Intact protein
- Heavy chain
- Light chain
The LC is dirty.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Remove the column and replace it with a union.
- Put A and B lines from the ACQUITY into the alcohol mix, which is 25/25/25/25 water/isopropyl alcohol/methanol/acetonitrile and 0.2% formic acid.
- Flush the system by priming for five minutes, and then pumping for at least two hours at a flow rate that gives at least 6000 psi pressure.
- Prime and flush with fresh LC/MS-grade or Milli-Q water.
- Put on fresh solvents that are used for the mAb analysis. If the solvent bottles have not been cleaned for a while, use the alcohol mix to clean out the bottles. Rinse well with fresh solvent afterward.
- Attach your new column.
- Prime and flush out the water using the fresh solvents.
- Run the mAbs again.