- Ion Energy (IE) values are optimizing at highly negative values (-1.5 to -5.0 V) in both positive and negative modes on a triple-quad mass spectrometer
- Sometimes a 59 Da peak is present in the spectra
- Triple-quadrupole mass spectrometers
- Xevo TQD
- Xevo TQ-S
- Xevo TQ-S Micro
- Xevo TQ-XS
- Suboptimal capillary position within the probe
- The ion guide or prefilter is dirty or has a fault
- The ion guide is not seated correctly and is making full contact internally such that it is not fully grounded
- The ion guide feed-through cable is not seated correctly or has a fault
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Check the capillary position within the probe.
- Clean the ion guide or prefilter.
- Reseat the ion guide.
- Inspect the ion guide feed-through cable.
- Replace the ion guide and prefilter.