OBJECTIVE or GOAL
You must install the Microsoft Loopback Adapter if you want to run a UNIFI workstation with no external network connection.
- UNIFI 1.7.x, 1.8.x
- UNIFI workstation
- Windows 7
- Right-click on My Computer (from either desktop shortcut or Start Menu) and select Manage.
- Click on Device Manager in the left pane.
- Right-click the computer name at the root of the tree in the pane on the right (top of the list) and select "Add Legacy Hardware".
- Click Next.
- Select "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)", and then click Next.
- Select "Network adapters", and thjen click Next.
- In the left pane, under Manufacturer, select Microsoft.
- In the right pane, select "Microsoft Loopback Adapter", and then click Next.
- Click Next "To start installing your new hardware".
- Click Finish.
The Microsoft Loopback Adapter is not required for UNIFI 1.9 and above