OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Determine if a communications issue is software-related or hardware (BusLAC/E card)-related.
- PCI/PCI-e slot based BusLAC/E computers only
- All Millennium
- Empower 2
- Empower 3
- Remove the computer cover so you can see the BusLAC/E card and all LED lights.
- Note the series of eight LED lights, numbered left to right, on the top of the board.
- When a system is settled and booted, all LEDs except #8 should be ON.
- If any other LED if off, the BusLAC/E card is bad and needs to be replaced.