- SM-FTN fails needle seal readiness test
- Results show a flow rate of 0.0 mL/min
- Results show a pressure difference of 0 psi
- The characterize needle seal diagnostic passes with a seal constant between 8 and 11 N/mm
- ACQUITY UPLC H-Class
- ACQUITY UPLC H-Class Bio
- ACQUITY UPLC I-Class
The SM-FTN lost communication with the QSM or BSM.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Reboot the acquisition PC.
- Run the test again.
The needle seal readiness test, unlike most other diagnostics, requires the sample manager to receive both pressure and flow rate information from the pump in order to work correctly. If the pump loses its ability to send this information directly to the sample manager, the test fails and reports 0 psi and 0.0 mL/min on the results page.
Video reference: Diagnostics: Needle-Seal Readiness Test - http://site-436448.bcvp0rtal.com/detail/videos/how-to-series/video/4334162061001/diagnostics:-needle-seal-readiness-test?autoStart=true&page=1