- Error: "Plunger Homing Fault (1)" (1 = Accumulator Actuator)
- Error: "Plunger Homing Fault (0)" (0 = Primary Actuator)
- Alliance HPLC system
- 2695 Separations Module
- The solvent delivery system failed to detect the home position during initial movement of the actuators (torpedoes)
- Salt buildup in system
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Vent the actuator to atmosphere. (To do so, loosen the fitting on the top of the accumulator head. Solvent may leak from this fitting on initialization.)
- With the vent valve open, reboot the unit.
- Flush the system with enough water to remove any buffers or salt buildup.
- If all the fittings on the accumulator head are loosened and the error is still occurring, switch the primary and accumulator actuators and observe the error. If the error is "plunger homing fault (0), then the accumulator head may be faulty.
- Replace the accumulator actuator (700001031)
The above issue has also been found to be due to a snapped plunger.