- As the gradient is applied, pressure fluctuations increase with the increase of solvent B
- ACQUITY H-Class
- ACQUITY Quaternary Solvent Manager (QSM)
Air in solvent line B.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Manually prime line B.
- Open the instrument's front door.
- Follow the stainless steel solvent vent tubing from port 4 on the vent valve and lift it from the drip tray.
- Connect the syringe assembly with the adapter and tubing from the start-up kit to the solvent vent tubing you just lifted.
- In the ACQUITY UPLC console, select the QSM from the system tree.
- From the QSM window, click Control > Prime Solvents.
- Select solvent line B.
- Specify five minutes in the time box.
- Slowly withdraw the syringe plunger to pull solvent through the solvent path. When solvent flows out the vent tube without bubbles, the path is primed.
- Remove the syringe from the vent tubing and reinsert into the drip tray.
- Once primed, monitor the pressure at a flow rate that achieves 10,000 psi until the delta pressure is <10%, and then continue with normal use.