OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Manually prime the ACQUITY Quaternary Solvent Manager (QSM).
- ACQUITY Quaternary Solvent Manager (QSM)
- ACQUITY H-Class
- Find the surgical-style piece of tubing (WAT025559) that came in the startup kit for the Quaternary Solvent Manager (QSM).
- Find the plastic 30-mL syringe (WAT270949) that came in the startup kit for the QSM.
- Attach the tubing to the end of the syringe.
- Attach the other end of the tubing to the stainless steel vent line on the QSM that runs from the valve at the top-right of the pump to the drain at the bottom front-right corner.
- Go to the ACQUITY console and start priming the line that needs to be used.
- Once the pump starts running, manually draw back on the syringe's plunger to help draw fluid through the pump.
- Once fluid enters the syringe, disconnect the surgical tubing from the vent line, and let the vent line run back into the drain.
- This should have primed the pump. You can now choose other lines from the console for priming, with no need to reattach the surgical tubing to the vent line.