OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Manually prime the ACQUITY BSM.
- ACQUITY Binary Solvent Manager
- Find the surgical-style piece of tubing (WAT025559) that came in the startup kit for the Binary Solvent Manager (BSM).
- Find the plastic 30-mL syringe (WAT270949) that came in the startup kitfor the BSM.
- Attach the tubing to the end of the syringe.
- Attach the other end of the tubing to the stainless steel line on the BSM called either Vent A or Vent B, depending on which pump you are priming. This tubing originates at the main valve in the center of the BSM, and then runs down to the front-right corner and terminates in the drain.
- Go to the ACQUITY Console and start priming either Pump A or Pump B.
- Once the pump starts, manually draw back on the syringe plunger to help draw fluid through the pump.
- Once fluid enters the syringe, disconnect the surgical tubing from the Vent A or B line and let the vent line run back into the drain.
- Repeat for the other pump.