OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Install a two-position external selection/switching valve (EV-700-100) to an ACQUITY ELS Detector or other detectors.
The switch is to control the flow between the detector and the waste.
- H-Class System with ACQUITY ELS Detector
- ACQUITY Arc System with PDA and Agilent ELSD
- Waters Switching Valve, model EV-700-100 (2-Position 6-Port SS)
- Waters Two-Position Six-Port Switching Valve connects to detector rear panel I/O connector.
- Switching valve: I/O position #4 is red, ground is black
- ELS: Connector I, #9 is black, #10 is red
- PDA: Connector I, #9 is black, #10 is red when a non-Waters Detector is not available as a signal generator.
- Example of programmed flow switching method with events table:
- Set up in the Instrument method
- Initial switch state is "No Change"
- Time Event parameter
- 0.00 Switch Off
- 0.01 Switch On
- 1.00 Switch On
- 1.01 Switch Off
- 2.00 Switch Off
- 2.01 Switch On
- Expected result:
- Time Position Flow
- 0.00 1 Detector
- 0.01 2 Waste
- 1.00 2 Waste
- 1.01 1 Detector
- 2.00 1 Detector
- 2.01 2 Waste
id21173, UPBINARY, UPELS, UPELSARC, UPQSM, UPQSM+, UPQSMBIO, UPQSMBIO+, UPSMFTN, UPSMFTN+, UPSMFTNB+, UPSMFTNBIO, UPSMPMGR