- When trying to run 7890 in dual tower mode, instrument failure occurs, along with the following error message: "Can only run dual tower enabled method in dual tower mode"
- Empower 3 FR2
- Agilent 7890 GC (no headspace)
- Dual tower configuration
Empower was not in Dual Tower Mode.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Connect to the system and go to Run Samples.
- Go to Customize in the toolbar.
- Click Defaults.
- In the second box, there is a check box for "7890 is Dual Tower Instrument".
ICF 3.0 does not support dual tower functionality mode (PCS# 55753) you must run with the older 7890 v2.6 driver for dual tower mode. It must be properly configured in the DHCP configuration. Both drivers can coexist, but the specific driver selection is made in DHCP configuration.