- Error message when trying to communicate with an ACQUITY system in Empower: "Local Area Connection 3 conflicts with instrument LAN assigned to 192.168.0.1"
- Rebooting the LAC/E does not resolve the issue
- In the DHCP wizard, local area connection 3 and instrument LAN have the same IP address
- Empower 3 Enterprise
- ACQUITY UPLC system
- Ethernet instruments
IP conflict between the local area connection and the instrument LAN
FIX or WORKAROUND
- If your local area connection needs to be 192.168.0.1, configure the instrument LAN to the alternate IP address 172.16.0.1 or 18.104.22.168 - WKB7330
If that does not work, another option is to reset TCP/IP settings on all LAN connections.
You can do this as follows:
Open the command prompt, click Start, and then type cmd in the "Search programs and files" box. Under Programs, right-click the CMD.exe icon, and then click "Run as administrator".
When the User Account Control box appears, click Yes.
Run "ipconfig /all". Take note of all TCP/IP settings on the LAN connections. The process will clear/reset all of the LAN connections.
At the command prompt, enter the following command, and then press Enter:
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
If you do not want to specify a directory path for the log file, run the following command instead:
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
5. Restart the computer.
6. Open the network and sharing center. If necessary, reset your LAN connections. (If the connections are DHCP enabled, they are all set.) Select the instrument LAN and right-click > Properties. Reset the IP to 192.168.0.1, subnet mask 255.255.255.0.
7. Restart the computer, and then power-on the instruments. They will populate into DHCP with the correct IP addresses.