OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Qualify a system with a second detector when using SQT.
- ACQUITY UPLC Systems with multiple detectors.
- Empower SystemsQT (Systems Qualification Tool).
There are many cases where a customer has a system with more than one detector. Follow this protocol if the qualification project does not contain both detectors in the system configuration.
- Create a system in Empower with the primary detector and perform the full suite of system qualification tests on that primary detector.
- Create a system in Empower with the secondary detector plumbed in series and rerun the SQT, selecting only the OQ tests appropriate to the second detector. (This includes the system precision test.)
- Keep tubing lengths as short as possible between the primary and secondary detectors.
- Adjust retention times in the processing methods. A single detector SQT does not account for the extra volume.
- Any changes to the processing method require a comment when saving and must be documented in the SQT documentation.